Sunday, November 4, 2012

Training for Mt Whitney - the Fun Training Day

Mt Whitney Training Schedule

As I'm getting ready for my climb up Mt Whitney next April, I have a weekly workout schedule that Summit For Someone suggests we follow.  The schedule has us working out 5 days a week with Monday's and Friday's off.

The weekday schedule comprises of cross training, cardio and weight training.  Not bad, but now with it being dark in the morning and night, it means training indoors which isn't quite as much fun.  I've been trying to figure out what can I do to make it more exciting.  So I've decided to dig out my Pimsleur's Spanish CD and refresh my Spanish.  So if anyone sees me walking around speaking Spanish, don't be surprised.  Just answer me.  (habla Espanol?)

The weekend training is the best part.  Cross training and hiking.  I specifically like the hiking day.  It's not only good training for the trip, but I have some great friends who are coming along on the hikes and making the day all that more enjoyable.  You almost forget you're out there for a reason.  (Not that I really need a reason to hike.)

So a big thank you to my friends - I'm glad I have you all to make hiking all that much more fun!

Gracias!

No comments:

Post a Comment