Friday, November 9, 2012

Fundraising, a Humbling Experience

Asking people for anything is not something I've had a lot of experience with.  As I'm preparing for my climb up Mt Whitney with Summit For Someone / Big City Mountaineers, I'm learning a whole new appreciation for anyone who works with, volunteers for or is involved with non-profit organizations.  You all do a very hard job and should be applauded for what you do.

I'm very appreciative of the people who've already donated on my behalf to Summit For Someone, you're all wonderful friends and you're making it easier to reach my goal of raising $4,000 by February.

Next up I'm going to try my hand at creating some fun events to also support the cause.  First I'm working to pull together some great local Milwaukee bands to play a fundraiser at a local bar (that's also a co-op, pretty cool).  Then... still planning.

But for anyone reading this blog - Thank You.  And save the date:

When:  January 11th, 2013
Where:  Riverwest Public House
What:  Live Bands

  • Floor Model
  • More to come...
Thank You All!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment