Saturday, July 9, 2011

Beauty in the City - Milwaukee River Trails (West Bluff)

One of the greatest things about where I live in Milwaukee is we have the Milwaukee River running one block from my house.  And the fact that the urban sprawl of condos that started in downtown Milwaukee will not be allowed to continue its northward movement up the river.  Thus, leaving my area of the river fully natural and forested. 

Milwaukee River's West Bluff Trails

It's great because I can always find peace and tranquility when I need it right behind my house.  And with all the natural surroundings, on some days you may even catch a glimpse of a deer in the early morning hours.  As Ralph Waldo Emerson put it "Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."  This is one of the places I can go and adopt the pace of nature even within the city. 

Natural Tree Arch
I am so glad I found this little pocket of Riverwest to live in and how people have worked hard to keep this area natural.  I think we all need to find places like this - so go find your place of beauty, peace and tranquility and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment