Friday, July 1, 2011

2011's Half Over

Hard to believe 2011 is now officially half over.  Where did the time go? 

Since the year is half over, it's only fitting that I take the dogs hiking for the weekend.  Jasmine and Wailea love the freedom of the woods and open trails.  It's great to be able to give them the freedom to roam and explore when and where I can.  I know it makes them happy and makes me feel good at night to know I've done something for my dogs that not a lot of other dogs get to do.  They are spoiled, but well worth spoiling.

Jasmine and Wailea hiking at Newport State Park, Door County, WI
This weekend they'll be lucky enough to be able to hike on the Ice Age Trail again.  One of my favorite places to hike.  Even though this will be a busy weekend at the lakes and parks - the Ice Age Trail will remain fairly quiet and uneventful as the crowds of people will be elsewhere.  I'll still be able to hear the birds chirp, see the squirrels run and who knows maybe catch a glimpse of a deer drinking at one of the streams. 

Thankfully we live in a country where we have the freedom to do all this.

Happy 4th of July everyone. 


No comments:

Post a Comment