Monday, April 8, 2013

Put Your Boots On - Go For a Hike

Over the years I've found that my closet has become crowded with multiple pairs of hiking boots.  Unlike most females I know who have a closet full of nice, fancy shoes, I have a closet full of hiking boots, trail runners and other outdoor related footwear.

What does this say about me?  To me it says I'm a person who likes to be outdoors.  And I'm glad to be that person.

Enjoying Nature while backpacking in the Bridger Teton National Forest
Enjoying Nature while backpacking in the Bridger Teton National Forest
Every time I look in my closet I see potential.  Wearing hiking boots means I'm going to be outside, taking a hike, spending time with my dogs, family and/or friends.  It means seeing nature, watching the changing seasons, listening to the birds and just breathing in the deep smells of mother earth.  It means I'm relaxing and letting nature heal my soul.  

So go put your boots on and go for a hike.  And enjoy the Healing Powers of Nature.

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks"  John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment