Sunday, September 30, 2012

Mother Nature's Paintbrush

Changing of the seasons


I think my favorite time for each season is when it changes into that season.  It seems like that's when you get the most vibrant and vivid colors.  Spring brings on the newness of green, summer the vibrant colors of the flowers, winter brings on the beauty of white and fall brings colors of all.

Fall in Wisconsin


This year I've been chasing the "mountains" of Wisconsin and the Driftless area of Wisconsin.  This fall I'm "Chasing the Rainbow" as Skittles would say and viewing Mother Nature's Paintbrush at work.   The colors of fall - the reds, yellows, oranges and even the browns - make you amazed at what nature can do.  It makes you take a step back and just pause to take it all in.

Fall Colors @ Peninsula State Park in Door County, WI

For me it just reminds me of being young, raking leaves and then running and jumping in the piles.  Makes you wonder what happened to those days.  Today I visited a store in Door County, WI on my way home and saw a sign that really made me think.  I can't remember exactly what it said, but I'll paraphrase.

As a child we learn to play and have fun.  Playing and fun do not go away when we get older, but live on inside of us.

Or something like that.  So if nature can change - I think we should too.  Take time to view those colors, build a pile of leaves and bring that child that is inside of you out.  Go jump in a pile of leaves!

Fall Colors at Peninsula State Park in Door County, WI

And if you need to know where in WI to find the color - here's my little secret (probably not so secret).
Fall Color Report (Travel Wisconsin).

I plan to take my own advice and go out and search for more of Mother Nature's Paintbrush and the fall colors next weekend.  This time, I'll combine my search for "mountains" in Wisconsin and the colors.  Because what better place to see fall colors than from atop a "mountain?"

No comments:

Post a Comment