Sunday, October 6, 2013

Lessons Learned from My Dogs

Watching my dogs today as I was getting things organized so we could go for a car ride and then go for a hike to look at fall colors, I started to think about what little things like this mean to them.

A car ride means they get to go some where.  A hike means they get to explore the woods and wilderness; roam free and chase squirrels.  And the car ride home typically means we're going for ice cream.

Simple things.  Things that do not take a lot of effort.  Things that mean time spent doing what you love.  And time spent with what for me is my family that has four legs.

As my dogs continue to get older, I hope I can continue to give them the simple things in life that they love so much.  Because the simple things they love so much are a reminder to me on how to lead a simpler life.  Enjoy life at a relaxed pace.

Jasmine and Wailea hiking on the Ice Age Trail - Milwaukee River Segment - Northern Kettle Moraine State Forest
Jasmine and Wailea hiking on the Ice Age Trail



No comments:

Post a Comment